Update posted: April 7, 2020 2:45 PM:
Bexar County Judge Wolff’s Executive Order for Bexar County; April 7, 2020
On Tuesday, April 7, 2020, Bexar County Judge Nelson W. Wolff issued Executive Order NW-05 providing additional guidelines to residents and businesses in the incorporated and unincorporated areas of Bexar County. The new order has extended all previous Executive Orders remain in effect until 11:59 PM on April 30, 2020.
Executive Order NW-05 also includes new restrictions beyond what was previously ordered. In short, the new restrictions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Long-term care facility workers that have direct patient contact will be restricted to working at one facility.
- All food and household retail establishments must limit number of people so as to provide social distancing.
- Bexar County Parks will close Easter weekend.
- Playground equipment, tennis courts, basketball courts, outdoor exercise equipment including those located in apartment complexes or HOA areas are closed. This includes Universal City Parks but walking and jogging in the parks is still permitted.
- Public and private golf courses, driving ranges and Frisbee golf closed beginning 11:59 pm Friday, April 3, 2020.
- All exempted Food, Household Staples and Retail establishments, including those doing pick-up/deliver shall:
- Limit the amount of people at pickup or in an establishment so that social distancing may be maintained;
- Implement an organized line system where people are spaced at least 6 feet apart;
- Post in a highly visible location, the establishment’s guidelines that meet (a) and (b) above.
Each person or business owner is encouraged to read Executive Order NW-05 in its entirety to determine if and how it affects them individually. Businesses that intend to remain open to the public for curbside/pick-up/delivery service should consider contacting their insurer or legal counsel to determine how best to ensure compliance with the CDC recommendations and this Executive Order. To view the CDC recommendations, visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
The Bexar County Executive Orders are subject to change and extension based on the status of COVID-19 in Texas and the recommendations of the CDC.
Response to President Trump’s Emergency Declaration
16 March 2020
A national public health disaster has been declared for the United States of America. The Center For Disease Control is the go-to place for information as it pertains to the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Access to all City departments is limited, or prohibited, and phone calls and emails are the preferred method of doing business. In response to the declaration and to provide for the public health, safety, and welfare of all people, the City of Universal City has taken the following measures:
• The Universal City Library is closed until 01 April and the closure may be extended. Room reservations are also cancelled. Due dates on material will be adjusted; fines will not accrue. The drop box will be checked daily and return materials will be processed daily. Library phone number: 210-659-7048.
Parks, Parks Amenities, and Park Facilities
• Universal City Parks and all Park Amenities are closed until 01 April and the closure may be extended. Park reservations and park clubhouse reservations up to 01 April are cancelled. Park facilities and amenities will undergo extensive sanitation before the public is allowed back in. Call 210-658-5364 for questions regarding park facilities.
• The Water Department window is open for emergencies only. Water payments should be made using the mail, utility drop box at City Hall, online, or automatic draft. Payments by phone are accepted at 866-222-3205; key in your account number and service address. Visit the Water Department page on the City website for all payment options, WWW.UCTX.Gov.
• Beginning 16 March through 15 April, water service will not be disconnected for non-payment. The $50 reconnection fee will be waived. However, the 10% late payment fee on the entire cumulative outstanding balance will be assessed. Call 210-619-0711 to make payment arrangements.
• Based on available information to date, Waste Management is maintaining their standard operations, and are not experiencing service interruptions at this time. However, the COVID-19 situation is evolving daily, and if circumstances change that may impact the ability to provide services as scheduled, we will provide prompt updates to our residents.
• Court will continue taking citation payments through its window service. Citations paid in full or warrant collections can be made using the Online Payment module: www.UCTX.Gov, search Online Payments.
• Court appearances scheduled for 25 March will been rescheduled for after 14 April. Letters advising people of the rescheduled date will be sent out this week.
• To reach the court, call 210-659-0333 extention 715, 716, or 717.
• Notice to contractors and homeowners: Access to the permit department offices is prohibited including Linda’s desk. Payments for permits and resinspection fees will be done at the court window during normal operating hours. Checks are the acceptable method of payment at this time. Call 210-619-0723 if other payment arrangements need to be made.
• To contact the staff with permit questions, call 210-619-0723; for zoning questions, call 210-619-0720. For Code Compliance questions, call 210-619-0725.
• Inspection request line is 210-659-0333 ext 444.
• The Police Department will continue its normal course of operations in the field. Outside access to the Police Department Offices is limited to police personnel only.
• The Fire Department will continue with fire calls and EMS calls. Revised protocol has been implemented for fire and EMS emergency calls, but all calls will be answered. No one from the public can enter the Fire Department building. If someone from the public thinks they are sick, they should seek counsel from a physician or a hospital.
• As always, if you have an emergency, call 911.
• Happy Hour at the golf course has been cancelled until further notification.
• The Firefighter 5K run is cancelled.
• The Easter Egg Hunt is cancelled until 2021.
• All Library events are cancelled.
• All sport events at the park are cancelled.
• All Board and Commission meetings are cancelled for the month of March. Meetings for April, including City Council, will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
• Volunteers for any department or function of the City are prohibited from entering City facilities unless prior authorization has been received from the appropriate department head.
• City staff is working and can address questions, concerns and general inquiries until further notice. Again, phone calls and emails are the methods of communication. Main phone number for the City is 210-659-0333 and callers can use the menu to access each department. Email addresses are on the website WWW.UCTX.gov, search Staff Directory.
Information regarding City operations, meetings, and closures are subject to change. Changes will be updated on the website and on Facebook as they occur.